Support Mesilla Valley CASA
Becoming a champion for a child!
Your contribution will make a difference to break the cycle of child abuse.
Your contribution is to a 501(C)3 tax-exempt organization
But most of all, your contribution will:
- Help a child in foster care to understand the foster care process.
- Help a child in foster care by having an advocate who represents his/her interest in Court.
- Facilitate the reunifcation process for the children in foster care with their families.
- Help the foster child have a voice in Court; this may be the only voice in the System that is solely for the child.
- Make a CASA available to children in foster care. The CASA visits with the children in foster care and provides a caring, listening person to discuss their pain and fears.
Many Levels of donation:
- $5,000 Beacon of Light* – Help establish and train a network of advocates.
- $1,500 Champion of Children* – Help screen and supervise an advocate so children are always safe.
- $500 Guardian – Help train an advocate to speak for a child in court.
- $150 Supporter – Help match a child with an advocate who can serve the child.
- $____ Friend of children – Help CASA help children who need a permanent home.
* A portion of this gift will go towards the future of CASA’s goals.
If you would like to donate to Mesilla Valley CASA please contact us at (575) 527-0035 or use the button below.
Mesilla Valley CASA, Inc Gift Acceptance Policy
Acceptance of any contribution, gift or grant is at the discretion of the Mesilla Valley CASA Program. The Mesilla Valley CASA Program will not accept any gift unless it can be used or expended consistently with the purpose and mission of the Mesilla Valley CASA Program.
No irrevocable gift, whether outright or life-income in character, will be accepted if under any reasonable set of circumstances the gift would jeopardize the donor’s financial security.
The Mesilla Valley County CASA Program will refrain from providing advice about the tax or other treatment of gifts and will encourage donors to seek guidance from their own professional advisers to assist them in the process of making their donation.
The Mesilla Valley CASA Program will accept donations of cash or publicly traded securities. Gifts of in-kind services will be accepted at the discretion of the Mesilla Valley CASA Program.
Certain other gifts, real property, personal property, in-kind gifts, non-liquid securities, and contributions whose sources are not transparent or whose use is restricted in some manner, must be reviewed prior to acceptance due to the special obligations raised or liabilities they may pose for the Mesilla Valley CASA Program.
The Mesilla Valley CASA Program will provide acknowledgments to donors meeting IRS substantiation requirements for property received by the charity as a gift. However, except for gifts of cash and publicly traded securities, no value shall be ascribed to any receipt or other form of substantiation of a gift received by Mesilla Valley CASA Program.
The Mesilla Valley CASA Program will respect the intent of the donor relating to gifts for restricted purposes and those relating to the desire to remain anonymous. With respect to anonymous gifts, the Mesilla Valley CASA Program will restrict information about the donor to only those staff members with a need to know.
The Mesilla Valley CASA Program will not compensate, whether through commissions, finders’ fees, or other means, any third party for directing a gift or a donor to the Mesilla Valley CASA Program.
*From the National Council on Non-Profits